Want More Clients? Here are 5 Ways to Get More Clients for Your Insurance Business
Whether you’re new to the industry or midway through your career, you can always use more clients. These tips on how to acquire new clients for the insurance business will help you beef up your book of business and see more success from the get-go, and who doesn’t want that?
After all, when 90% of insurance agents quit within their first year, seeing success early on can be the difference between a lifelong career and “that time I worked as an insurance agent for a year”. Ready to find out how to avoid being an insurance industry casualty and learn how to get more clients for your insurance business? Let’s dive into it.
How to Successfully Get More Insurance Clients in 5 Easy Steps
- Prospect Daily: While it’s true that prospecting is tough (in fact, over 40% of salespeople say it’s the hardest part of their job), it’s a reality of being in sales. And the truth is that agents aren’t spending enough time on it to see success. To put it into perspective, top sellers spend 6 hours a week on average researching their prospects.
One of the most reliable ways to get more clients for your insurance business is to set aside time each day to prospect. The consistent habit of doing it daily, no matter how busy you are, is what will bring you success.
- Gain Access to High-Quality Leads: Work smarter, not harder. Want to know how to get more clients for your insurance business? ConsumerCoverage Agent Marketplace makes it easy, by giving you exclusive, high-intent leads for a low cost. These leads are targeted consumers currently shopping for insurance, which makes it a slam dunk for you and a way to quickly stack up some wins.
But the key is to act fast: these leads are actively looking for insurance, so you’ll have a better chance of closing them if you get to them quickly. Consider this: in a large study, it was found that companies that reached out to a lead within an hour were seven times as likely to qualify the lead versus those that reached out just an hour later, and 60 times more likely than companies that waited 24 hours or more.
Time is of the essence, especially when it comes to these high-quality leads that are ready to buy from you. Want more tips on lead gen? Read this.
- Nurture Your Leads: One of the worst things you can do as an insurance agent is to play the short game with your leads. Insurance is something that everyone needs eventually, and even if a lead isn’t ready to buy now, nurturing them will help ensure they turn to you when it is time.
For a lead to eventually become a client, you need to nurture them. If you’re not yet convinced, this might help: nurtured leads lead to 20% more in sales opportunities. By first and foremost establishing a relationship with a lead and then helping them through the buying journey, you’ll start to see more conversions to lifelong clients. When it comes to how to get clients for your insurance business, not rushing the process is critical.
- Become an Expert: Insurance sales can be difficult to master, especially if you’re just starting out. Instead of knowing a little bit about all types of insurance policies, start by becoming an expert in just one.
After all, insurance is complex, for both agents and consumers: in a recent large survey, 37% of respondents reported that they don’t feel well informed about insurance and the products offered, and lack of industry knowledge is the primary reason why people remain uninsured. This is where you come in: by finding your niche, you’ll be able to better target leads and convince them that you’re the right agent for them.
Demonstrating your expertise can include:
Writing regular blogs
Creating short informational videos
Sending out a weekly or monthly newsletter
Posting regularly on your website and social media
Joining local trade associations
Regularly updating your knowledge and pursuing training/development opportunities
These are just some of the ways how to get more clients for your insurance business, but get creative. The more you demonstrate that you’re an expert in your field and can help your clients manage risk, the more you’ll become a go-to for clients. Over time, you can expand your knowledge and master other insurance types to better upsell to clients.
- Set Up a Referral Program: Word of mouth is easily one of the best ways when it comes to how to successfully get more insurance clients. After all, 92% of people trust the recommendation of friends and people are four times more likely to make a purchase when referred by friends. The power of referrals can be understated, but too few agents take advantage of it.
But this might help: 54% of marketers say referral programs have the lowest cost per lead to other programs. Investing in a referral program could cost you a few bucks upfront, but it’s still one of the least expensive forms of marketing out there and can quickly pay itself back.
Keep it simple: offer clients an incentive for referring friends and family, such as a monetary credit, gift card, or other rewards. When 50% of people are likely to give a referral if offered an incentive, that’s low-hanging fruit you can’t overlook.
How to Get More Clients for Insurance Business: Key Takeaways
As an insurance agent, you know it isn’t easy to succeed in a saturated market. That’s why finding ways to get more clients for your insurance business is so critical and the earlier the better. Building a book of business takes time, but you can jumpstart it with these five key steps so that you can start on the path to success, sooner.
Throughout the process, ConsumerCoverage Agent Marketplace is your ally. By delivering you top-quality leads, we help you continue to grow and close more sales mid the competition. Reach out and start getting great leads, today.